We're looking for Test Knitters!
WHAT IS TESTING KNITTING?
Through test knitting, also known as pattern testing, knitters review and knit a pattern before it is published in order to find any errors, areas of confusion, or possible improvements. This feedback from test knitters helps us guarantee that our patterns are clear, exact, and simple to comprehend for knitters of all abilities.
WHY TEST KNIT FOR PROJECT WEEKEND?
- Gain knitting experience with help and support from the designer.
- Receive a free copy of a new release pattern.
- You get to keep your knit (unlike sample sewers who must send the knits back to us).
- We offer yarn support when you use Project Weekend yarns. *Terms apply.
- You get to select the yarn colour and size you want to knit.
- If willing, you will be featured on the Project Weekend Instagram page so our community can get to know/follow you.
BEING A TEST KNITTER IS FOR YOU, IF YOU...
- Love to knit with accuracy.
- Can follow knitting instructions without variation.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Committed to meeting deadlines.
- Have strong communication skills (through word, picture/photos, drawing).
Here at our knitting studio, we work hard to match projects with the right test knitters! We consider every detail from your skill level and project experience, to garment size preferences; even how rapidly you can return feedback. All knitting skill levels are needed!
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
*YARN SUPPORT TERMS.
PROJECT WEEKEND DOES NOT COVER THE COST OF YARN NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE TEST KNITS.
- We do, however, offer our test knitters yarn support by way of a refund of up to 50% off the regular retail price of any Project Weekend yarn purchased to complete the test knit. To qualify, you must finish the knit using our yarn and submit the pattern feedback before the deadline. Note that Project Weekend Yarn Bundles are already discounted in price - so we will refund you the difference of up to 50% of the yarns' regular retail price. Cost of shipping not included for refund.
- Yarn substitutions are allowed for test knitting Project Weekend patterns – as long as the yarns you choose match in gauge. Project Weekend does not currently offer a yarn support program when you use yarn substitutions.